Mac Games Arcade is a way of downloading and browsing a huge number of Mac games directly from your Mac's desktop.
The good news is that the majority of the games are pretty good covering everything from shoot-em-ups to role playing games. The bad news is that they're not free and some of them can take a long time to download. You can however test out most of the games with preview versions before you part with any cash.
The developers have clearly taken their inspiration from the iTunes store which is no bad thing although it doesn't quite reach the heights of iTunes. Although games are organized by category, there are literally hundreds to choose from and none of them are rated. It would be much more useful if there were user ratings and suggestions of related games for those users who were unsure of what to choose.
Mac Games Arcade is an excellent idea and concept that will keep any arcade games lover happy for more than a few hours.
- Fixed the crash after login when purchasing an already downloaded Demo.
- Many issues related to auto-registering purchased games have been fixed. Most games purchased from the store should now properly register themselves at download time.
- Upgraded to version 1.3 of the FeedbackReporter framework.
- Extensive re-write of the system that reports the User Agent strings to the Server.
- Updated the appLaunch system so that MGA stays in sync with the latest Server API.
- Made some minor UI tweaks and updated the software credits.